The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. EmilyLadau.com is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that the content conforms to the accessibility standard with some exceptions.
For the most part, EmilyLadau.com is fully conformant, but there are issues outstanding.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although the goal for EmilyLadau.com is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, the site also strives to meet Level AAA success criteria at all times if possible and applicable. Specific criteria include 1.2.8: Media Alternative (Prerecorded), 1.3.6 Identify Purpose, 1.4.6 Contrast (Enhanced), 1.4.8 Visual Presentation,1.4.9 Images of Text, 2.3.2 Three Flashes, 2.3.3 Animation from Interactions, 2.4.8 Location, 2.4.9 Link Purpose (Link Only), 2.4.10 Section Headings, 2.5.5 Target Size, 2.5.6 Concurrent Input Mechanism, 3.1.4 Abbreviations, 3.1.5 Reading Level, 3.2.5 Change on Request, and 3.3.6 Error Prevention.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of EmilyLadau.com. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on EmilyLadau.com:
We try to respond to feedback within 3-5 days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
EmilyLadau.com is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Content is expected to work on all standard combinations of browser, OS, and assistive technology that is common as of summer 2021.
EmilyLadau.com is not compatible with:
- Browsers more than 5 years old are not fully tested.
Accessibility of EmilyLadau.com relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of EmilyLadau.com , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for EmilyLadau.com:
- Comments from users: Images and content may not meet other criteria, including text alternatives or use of language. because Voluntary 3rd party contributions are difficult to control or monitor.. If crucial information is shared that is not accessible, we will attempt to remedy the problem. Please use our contact form to inform us of the problem..
- Blog post content: As of August 25th, 2021, blog posts are not yet fully reviewed for conformance with WCAG 2.1 AAA goals.
- Video Transcripts: Video transcripts are not yet completed for all videos on the site.
- Externally Created Resources: Some resources created by 3rd parties are not fully accessible, such as the Holiday Gift Guides. Alternate versions are available or are in development for these resources.
EmilyLadau.com assessed the accessibility of EmilyLadau.com by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- An outside accessibility consultant was obtained to consult on all stages of design and development.
This statement was created on 9 August 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.